1. Travel
kasbah in dades valley, morocco When you travel to Morocco the best places to visit include the imperial cities of Marrakech, Fes and Meknes. This is where you find the old towns (Medinas) with their wonderful bazaars, palaces and bustling town squares.

Morocco is also famous for its beaches and some of the best seaside towns are on the Atlantic coast, they include Essaouira, Tangier and Asilah. Morocco is also not short on natural beauty. You can hire a camel and trek through the Sahara; climb North Africa's highest peak in the Atlas Mountains; or stay in a traditional Kasbah (pictured here) in the fascinating Dades Valley.

Luckily Morocco is small enough and has a decent local transport network, so you're able to see a variety of towns and sights in just one week.

See the full list of Morocco's Top 10 Attractions.

Image of a Kasbah in the Dades Valley, Morocco by © Tore Kjeilen of Lexicorient, Morocco

Comments
October 11, 2006 at 2:26 pm
(1) Peace says:

gives no info !!

October 11, 2006 at 2:56 pm
(2) goafrica says:

Click on the links within the article for more information about each destination.

August 4, 2008 at 3:56 pm
(3) Tiago Fernandes says:

Hi! Greetings from Portugal!:-) First of all, thanks for all the tips, it was just what i was looking for, specially about the public transport network. I’m thinking of travel there in the beginning of september. Any other tips?? What about places to stay? Are they confortable? And what about prices? Thanks for all. Tiago Fernandes

October 11, 2008 at 10:10 pm
(4) Christal says:

Thanks for the information you helped me alot. cul8r

January 16, 2009 at 9:33 pm
(5) Amy says:

Yeah, that’s GREAT help…*sarcastic* I’m doing a geography report on places to visit in morocco, and that tells me NOTHING!

January 17, 2009 at 10:10 am
(6) goafrica says:

Try clicking on the links within the article. Every destination is linked to more in depth information.

January 29, 2009 at 11:03 am
(7) jaouad says:

Hi everyone !!!! First let me introduce my self. Iam a Moroccan teacher of English aged 27. I have joined this website to have as many mates as possible and to exchange as much knowlege as i can. So people from all walks of life are welcomed to discover what a country like Morocco inherits. Every country has its own heritage of which it is proud. No doubt, like others, some Moroccan cities are worth visiting because of the different historical as well as traditional aspects they retain. So any one who feels curious to learn about this country as far as tourism is concerned, he or she can only write to me on here. Now i still have nothing much more to say than the brief image of What Morocco may look like but only saying goodbye to all the poeple on this website and telling them to enjoy their time to the fullest. feel free to email me teacherjaouad@hotmail.fr

February 23, 2009 at 2:46 pm
(8) clueless.......still says:

I needed info for a report, what is this?

May 13, 2009 at 5:08 pm
(9) terrible!! says:

it gave NO information…i need places to visit in africa for a socoalstudies project and this didnt help me ANY!!! well wont be using this again!!!

June 3, 2009 at 8:18 pm
(10) loodle says:

WOW. THIS GIVES ABSOLUTLY NO INFORMATION. A 2 YEAR OLD COULD WRITE THAT.

June 5, 2009 at 11:23 am
(11) goafrica says:

Click on the links to get in depth information about Morocco’s top 10 attractions. (they are the highlighted words).

September 23, 2009 at 1:29 pm
(12) huh? says:

umm how does this help i have a french assignment to find ten french speaking countries including morroco and its main features but how does this help and i need them in french how hard is this

December 14, 2009 at 11:29 pm
(13) mazen says:

thanks for all this informathion.

February 14, 2010 at 11:41 am
(14) tellitlikeitis says:

I wish idiots like the ones above would just grow up and get out of their selfish ways of thinking. Poor dears they’re going to have to do some old-fashioned research. How awful!

April 28, 2010 at 7:58 am
(15) Leah says:

Alright, so if you think that this gives no information, just GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Quit crying and go to a different website instead of leaving mean comments.

May 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm
(16) Jalal Edin Lhannaoui says:

MOROCCO IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE WORLD…LONG LIVE MOROCCO

May 9, 2010 at 10:27 am
(17) naila says:

for the stupid people who are sayin there no info pls click on the link after the introductory article..im sure no 2 year old can write that

thnaks alot for the info
im already in love with morrocoo

May 31, 2010 at 9:19 pm
(18) mimi says:

morocco is the best

November 3, 2010 at 11:37 pm
(19) yfvuyfvhjvduyc says:

thnxs for the help

November 24, 2010 at 5:43 pm
(20) pokemon says:

whatever morocco is horrible

January 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm
(21) abdata says:

morocco is one splendidcountry everinmyheart

January 26, 2011 at 4:48 am
(22) places to visit says:

Thank you for this- was looking for a new place to visit and this has given me a taste of Morocco…It has made me want to go there and explore!

February 22, 2011 at 6:52 am
(23) places to visit says:

Many thanks for this – this has whet my appetite to find out more about Morocco – sounds incredibly beautiful!

March 23, 2011 at 1:15 pm
(24) jackie says:

These places sound amazing to visit.

May 28, 2011 at 10:10 pm
(25) Victoria says:

Im going there in September!!! I cant wait!!!

June 8, 2011 at 8:26 pm
(26) Lindsey says:

This helped me a lot, and it saddens me to know there are so many idiots out there that can’t read. Since right below this small article it says:

See the full list of Morocco’s Top 10 Attractions.

How hard is it to click a link you idiots!!!!! Don’t leave bad reviews just because of your own stupidity.

June 10, 2011 at 4:17 pm
(27) Go Morocco says:

Thank you for the article, but there’s more awesome destinations and cities to not miss as well.

June 22, 2011 at 1:09 pm
(28) rachid moroccogo says:

hello travel fans

Iam a Moroccan university levels teacher of English, aged 40. we have been created in different sexes and in many different tribes and peoples to hzve to know one another. as a matter of cause, I have joined this website to have as many friends as our human nature can allow to exchange as much knowlege as we can. From all walks of life, you are wholeheartedly welcomed to discover Morocco. Every countries have different heritage of which each is proud. So any one who feels curious to learn about morocco, is welcomed to write to here or to my e-mail.

enjoy your time to the fullest.
feel free to email me
feast your eyes in morocco

October 28, 2011 at 8:00 pm
(29) maz says:

Hi guys, iv just come back from morocco and its a lovely peaceful place. Fez is very nice but makesure you leave time to explore the streets yourself, which maybe difficult if you’re going for a few nights. I regret not doing this. Visit the old town which is nice and ifrane which feels like a different country altogether. My main word of warning is please do not trust company tour guides. They are very pushy. We were badly riped off by a pushy driver. Always shop around. We could have gone to casabalana for £20 each but rather paid £300 for 3 ĥeople. So disappointing there are ppl out there like that. If they say we’ll fix a price later do not trust them. Network system is adequate. If u are travelling to fez, casablana or marakkesh take the fast train, its cheap. And please do not let anyone pressure you into taking their travel service. We regret it so much.

November 4, 2011 at 10:09 am
(30) comment says:

Tanger is the most expensive city in morocco

December 27, 2011 at 11:42 pm
(31) beatriz says:

rachid moroccogo, can you give me your e-mail address?

January 17, 2012 at 1:57 pm
(32) horible says:

this gives no info for my project it sucks never going to use this again

January 29, 2012 at 9:34 am
(33) Vanessa says:

Thank you so much for this series of articles on Morocco. I’m in the midst of planning a trip there and this series is very helpful.

To everyone (students) here complaining about the supposed lack of information – obviously you have no idea how the Internet works. Click on the underlined words and you will find a treasure trove of information. Think twice before you post nasty stuff to strangers and make yourselves look like fools.

February 20, 2012 at 4:30 pm
(34) Nash says:

thanks for the great info
as i am willing to visit morocco in june i was wondering whether you will be able to tell me about the best hotels and transportation to those 10 cities… and wether one week would be enough to visit the cities without the assisstance of a cmpany tour guide
or is it better to just rent a car and get a road map
regards,
Nash

October 6, 2012 at 9:04 pm
(35) Meena says:

Dear All;
I am going to visit Morocoo for a week, I would appreciate if anyone could list me the most beautiful palces in Morocoo !?

December 18, 2012 at 11:28 am
(36) Unknown says:

This gives no information!!

January 15, 2013 at 2:54 pm
(37) Liz says:

There will always be people who complain. There is no need to complain just learn how to use your computer and follow the links. I’m looking forward to visiting Morocco next week for the first time. The site has been very helpful.

February 19, 2013 at 1:18 pm
(38) asal says:

am going to visit moroco first of march for 10 days .i wanna some one to lead me for attractions spots in morocco .thanx n advance