Many visitors to Africa are interested in going on a safari. The best countries to visit if you want to see the 'Big 5' in particular are: Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa and Botswana. For the Great Annual Migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra, you need to head to Kenya or Tanzania, depending on the time of year... read more.
- Kenya offers some of the cheaper safari options but is probably the most crowded as well.
- Tanzania offers the ultimate safari experience with the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, The Serengeti and other great parks in the north, as well as the wild beauty of Selous and Ruaha in the south.
- Botswana is at the luxury end with many exclusive camps offering wonderful game viewing for small groups.
- South Africa is great for its wide variety of wildlife especially in the Kruger area, north of Johannesburg. South Africa is also a wonderful family safari destination because it offers some excellent malaria-free safari options.
- Zambia is the best destination for the more adventurous souls who want a true bush experience on foot. South Luangwa National park is home of the fantastic "Walking Safari".
- Rwanda and Uganda are the best destinations if you are interested in tracking Mountain Gorillas.
More Safari Resources: