- Hot air ballooning over the Serengeti Plains. It's a real thrill to be floating above the acacia treetops following the hoof steps of thousands of zebra and wildebeest on their annual migration.
- Canoeing down the Zambezi. This a canoeing and camping trip rolled into one with enough crocodiles and hippos around to really keep you paddling.
- Walking safari in Zambia. Find out how to approach an elephant without getting charged while experiencing the earthy smells and sounds of the African bush.
- Bungee Jumping -- try it off the Victoria Falls bridge. Nothing quite like giggling hysterically while bouncing upside down viewing the world's greatest waterfall. Once you've finished your jump you can calm yourself down by white-water rafting down the wild Zambezi river, or a swim in the Devil's Pool.
- A Motorcycle Tour, whether you fancy retracing the steps of the old Dakar Rally, or want to experience the wild Omo River region in Ethiopia, there's a motorcycle tour for everyone.
- Join a salt caravan between Timbuktu and Taoudenni in Mali. The Touareg have been carrying and trading salt for thousands of years and if you are very adventurous you can join them on this incredible journey in the heart of Dogon country. The camel trek lasts about 40 days through the beautiful but brutal Sahara desert.
- Ride a Bike - it's the green way to go, and your pace matches that of the local environment. You can take the epic Cape to Cairo route, or simply enjoy a day of rugged mountain biking through a wildlife park.
- Tracking Mountain Gorillas in Central Africa. There are only around 800 Mountain Gorillas left in the world and luckily enough you can actually get to visit them in their natural habitat. Tracking gorillas is fairly strenuous and you may get charged at, but the experience is unforgettable.
More about -- Adventure Travel in Africa