Bodi dress is simple. The women wear goatskins tied at the waist and shoulder, while men fasten a strip of cotton or bark-cloth around their waist.
More information about the Bodi
- Survival International's update on the Bodi's struggle to maintain their traditional lifestyle.
Cultural Tours to the Omo River Region, EthiopiaMany tour companies that specialize in Ethiopia offer tours to the Omo River Region. You can often add on a tour of some of Ethiopias famous religious and historical sights. Below is a sampling of itineraries which focus on the cultures of the Omo River Region.
Omo River Expeditions from Safari Experts. This is 14-day trip down the Omo River in Southern Ethiopia to Lake Turkana in Northern Kenya.
- Intrepid Traveler offers a 10 day cultural tour of the Omo River Region in Ethiopia.
- Photo Safaris offers a 17 day cultural tour where photographing the various tribes in the Omo River region is the focus of the tour.
- Remote River Expeditions offer a 13 day and a 24 day tour of the Omo River region. This is a white water rafting trip combined with stays in local villages and bird watching.
- Green Land Tours offers several different itineraries to the Omo River region and will accommodate special requests to view important ceremonies.